After trying a lobster wonton soup this weekend, I had to try it. I have a simple way about a pho broth that seems to work on a short notice, without adding msg based pho starters. I do the following:
Inspired by trying new things, I decided to try and make a Vegan Pumpkin Curry Soup using coconut milk. I didn’t follow any recipe, just used the following ingredients. 🙂
First: Cut up Pumpkin (I used the green Kabocha pumpkin) and Roast for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Peel the skin, then dice and mash the pumpkin into a puree.
Add the pumpkin to a large pan or sauce pot. Use about 1-2 tbsp of olive oil as a starter. Then add the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup diced sweet yellow onions
- 1 tbsp of Cinnamon (I used Vietnamese Cassia Cinnamon, just a find I picked up in Portland)
- 1 tbsp of Chinese 5 spice (
- Add 1 can of coconut milk, stir for a few minutes and blend.
- Add 1 small can of green curry