I love polenta. Long ago I bought pre-made polenta in the store. The older Italian lady behind me scolded me for buying pre-made over store bought. That caused me to want to make great polenta at home, from there, the possibilities of dinner ideas is endless. Here’s the basic polenta recipe I use.
- 6 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons cracked salt salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large pot or deep pan. Add salt.
- Gradually whisk in the cornmeal. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, stirring often, about 15 minutes. T
- Turn off the heat. Add the butter and parmesan cheese.
Sausage and Swiss Chard
- 2-3 Bratwurst Sausages
- 3 cups of chopped Swiss Chard
- 1 tsp of Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese to top
While the polenta is cooking, I prep the toppings. You can really use anything you want, any type of meat, poultry or vegetable.
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook the sausages. Removing from heat when almost complete.
- Cut the sausage and return to the heated pan for grilling. This will soak up all the flavor and cook them more complete.
- Remove sausage, add swiss chard to pan and sauté until completely wilted.