So I had this idea to make pie-less chicken Chicken Pot Pies by using pre-made croissant dough bought at the grocery store. I hoped it would work out and it made for some great very yummy hand-held snacks.
- 1 pkg of croissant dough in a tube (6-8)
- 1 grilled chicken breast, diced small
- 1/4 cup or less of chopped onion
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 1 stick celery diced
- 1 cup boiled and diced potatoes
- 1 cup of cooked butternut squash
- 3 tbsp of milk or water
- salt/pepper to taste
- Add butter to a medium skillet, sauté the onions and celery for a couple minutes.
- Add milk and let boil.
- Add potatoes, cooked chicken and squash and cook until mixture becomes thick and is done. About 15-20 minutes. Make sure it is not too wet. If it is, add a little flour to thicken it up.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Folding the Chicken Pot Pies, When you unwrap the croissant, they make long triangles.
- Lay them out on a lightly greased cookie sheet and place the mixture close to the longer straight side of the triangle.
- Fold smaller side over to cover like a stuffed croissant or turnover.
- Heat over to 400 degrees and cook for 15-20 minutes or so. Because they are stuffed, you need to add 5-7 minutes to the package directions and watch them get golden brown.