COOKING WITH BEER! After trying the Young’s Double Chocolate Stout, I had an idea to make a homemade barbecue sauce with bacon and the chocolate stout.
I used a basic blend of ingredients to make my barbecue sauce. I like to add tomato sauce instead of all ketchup, like other recipes.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 ½ cup of Young’s double chocolate stout
- 6 pieces of cooked bacon cut into bits
In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix together the ketchup, tomato sauce, brown sugar, wine vinegar and butter. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Add beer and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low, add bacon bits and simmer for up to 20 minutes. For thicker sauce, simmer longer, and for thinner, less time is needed.
[…] Young’s Double Chocolate Beer Bacon Barbeque Sauce Beef Roasted in BBQ marinade […]