Kale and Cheese Won Ton Bites
With company on the way, I thought of a great idea. I had some kale in my garden and decided to make a fried appetizer. I used the same Won Ton wrappers as I used before.
- 1 tsp olive oil (for kale)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sautéed kale
- dash of cracked salt and pepper
- 2 large tbsp of cream cheese (I use greek yogurt cream cheese or low fat)
- 10-12 Won Ton Wraps
- 1 egg white
- In a small pan, I heated the olive oil and added the garlic and after a couple minutes, added the kale and sautéed until softened.
- Remove from pan and put in a food processor or finely cut by hand.
- Heat Cream Cheese in microwave for 15 seconds or put into the hot kale mixture and melt together. Add a dash of cracked salt and pepper and mix throughly.
- Brush the won ton with the egg white on the entire inside surface.
- Add a very small amount of the kale and cheese mixture and fold in half. Pinch all sides firmly, letting the middle bubble out a little.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of oil to the pan and on medium heat, fry the wontons until crispy on both sides. I do one side for 4 minutes and then the other for about the same. Trying not to flip too much, but keep an eye on them.