- 1/8 Stick of butter, diced
- 2 stalks of green onion, diced
- 2-3 cups of mushrooms, white or brown and sliced.
- 2-3 cups of water depending
- Italian Herbs, pepper and cayenne. Maybe cumin or bullion if you like.
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of Half & Half or Cream, whole milk works, but reduce water.
Sauté the onions in butter and add mushrooms in a medium pot. Cook the veggies together, add water and herbs and let everything cook up. Add milk and let boil to be completed.
Remove from heat and pour into a blender. Blend to smooth consistency. Pour back into pot and let warm up. This is where I taste it, check for last minute salt or pepper and serve.