- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons whole milk or half and half
- 4-5 tbsp of grated ginger
- 1 tsp of cinnamon couple shakes of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in dry ingredients. Add enough of the milk to moisten the dough and make it soft, not wet.
- Roll rounded teaspoons of dough into balls and place on a ungreased cookie sheet. Use a fork covered in sugar to flatten cookies and embed the sugar on the tops of cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to cool on a rack.