One of my favorite soups ever is the Classic Chicken Noodle. I like making large batches of it and eating it during the week. This Healthy version keeps me at my recommended Calories per day and keeps me full.
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 cups of chopped carrots
- 5 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 3 Quarts of water
- 1 Vegetable Bullion square (or Chicken)
- 3-4 grilled chicken breasts
- Italian Spices, Sea Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/2 bags of Yolk Less (Egg) Noodles
In a large sauce pot, heat olive oil and add onions, carrots and celery (You can add garlic if you like). Let the vegetables cook for about 5 minutes and then add the water and vegetable bullion*. Let Boil for 30 minutes and test by sticking a fork in a carrot.
* I use Veggie Bullion since it is low in Calories and has no MSG. You can use organic chicken broth and some water or chicken bullion. I like this flavor as the base of my soup.
Add herbs to the fresh chicken breasts and in a separate grill pan or grill top – cook chicken until done. I like the meat to be tender yet grilled perfectly when I add it to the soup. Put this aside.
Add the egg noodles to the soup base and stir often, after about 8 minutes (3/4 way done) add the chicken to the soup and reduce the heat to low and cook everything together for about 5 more minutes. Don’t forget to add your favorite hot sauce!
Nutritional Breakdown per serving, pot makes 12 servings:
- 220 Calories per serving
- 15 grams of protein
- 5.33 grams of fat
- 2744 IU of Vitamin A
- 35 mg of Calcium
- 252 mg of Potassium
Wow! Your site is really coming along great! It inspires me to stop being so lazy with my blog.