Making homemade lasagna is a passion of mine. I prefer my homemade over any store bought and most restaurant served lasagnas, but that’s just me. The reason why is the attention and love I put into each lasagna.
I made two, I made one for my home and one to share at a Potluck. Both had the same ingredients, but I added more spinach and less pasta to my home version, less carbs.
For the Sausage Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced garlic
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Italian Spices or a mix of Rosemary, oregano and thyme
- Cracked Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a large sauce pan or stock pot. Add garlic and sausage and cook meat while breaking up the chunks of sausage. Add Italian herbs.
Add tomatoes and cook for 1 minute before adding tomato sauce. Let cook and simmer for 15 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cooked Lasagna Pasta
- Pre-Made Sausage Sauce
- 1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cups of chopped spinach
- Cracked Pepper
Spray your pans with oil before starting. I add a layer of thin sauce at the bottom, then the pasta, the sausage sauce, the cheese, the spinach – then repeat. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees, let cool and enjoy.