I’m a fan of light meals consisting of seafood and vegetables. I make these simple inexpensive meals by buying fresh seafood from my local butcher and fresh vegetables from a local produce store.
- One Pound of Prawns
- One bunch of Asperagus
- Three bunches of Baby Bok Choy
- Five Cloves of Garlic Cloves
- Dash of Soy Sauce
- Tablespoon of Olive Oil for Prawns
- Tablespoon of Olive Oil for Vegetables
- Juice from One Lemon for Prawns
- Spices: Cayenne, Pepper, Salt – sparingly
First I de-veined the prawns and put them in a bowl with a little lemon juice, added pepper and a tiny dash of cayenne. Simply done. I cooked them for about 10 minutes until done.
I cooked the vegetables seperately from the prawns. The veggies and prawns often cook differently and I wanted some veggies to be crisp and others cooked, so I did them in the following order:
- Heat up oil and garlic
- Then add onions
- Then the baby boy choy
- Then added a dash of soy sauce and water
- Sautee for a few minutes
- Then finish by adding salt, pepper and spice to taste
I removed the veggies and added the asperagus to the same pan with a little butter, retaining some of the juices but stirring often. I cook them and remove them from the pan and serve.