In my local market, I found these New Zeland Green Mussels, already precooked and frozen. I defrosted the box and found that there more than we could eat and did them two ways. Beer Baked and Cooked in Coconut Curry https://thisgirlreallycooks.com/2013/03/18/coconut-curry-mussels/
Beer Baked Mussels
- 20-24 Defrosted Precooked New Zeland Green Mussels
- 1 beer, IPA, Stout, Ale or other flavorful beer
- 1/3 onion, finely diced
- 2-3 pats of butter or 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Bread Crumbs
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Cracked Salt and Pepper
- Pre Heat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat butter in small pan and add onions, sauté for a few minutes until golden
- Place mussels in the baking pan and pour the bottle of beer over the mussels
- Spoon the sautéed onion onto each mussel and add a little breadcrumbs and Parmesan Cheese to each mussel. Crack Salt and Pepper over them.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, checking often and basting the mussels with the beer broth.