- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 10 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 (4 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- Sprigs of Thyme 3-4
Place the carrots, potatoes, and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker, pour in the water, and place the brisket on top of the vegetables.
Pour the apple juice over the brisket. Sprinkle on the spices from the packet, cover, and set the cooker on High.
Cook the brisket for about 7-8 hours. An hour before serving, place the cabbage on top and cook for 1 more hour.