I love a great frittata and had this idea for a low-fat egg white frittata that tastes great. I decided to make enough for leftovers and used them in quick breakfast burritos and sandwiches on the go.
- 6 Egg Whites or 1-1/2 cup Egg White in Carton
- 2 medium zucchini, one sliced into thin circles, the other grated.
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- 1 roma tomato diced small
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of diced queso fresco cheese
- 2 tbsp of bread crumbs (optional)
- Sea Salt/Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- On the bottom of the baking dish, I layered a thin layer of zucchini. I did not pre-cook the zucchini this time.
- I grated the other zucchini in a medium sized bowl. Added the chopped onion, roma tomato, olive oil, cheese and egg whites.
- Pour ingredients into baking dishes and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes until the eggs are set.
This looks delicious. Nice and healthy too!