I love Won Tons. Both fried and in soup, so when I found these wraps at Safeway, it inspired me to try a couple new recipes. They were located in the vegetarian/tofu area of the produce department and only $2.00. I am using these wrappers to try out with new recipes, so you’ll see me use them often in my next few posts. So for my first experiment with these wraps, I decided to make Ginger Shrimp Won Tons, made about 10-12 Won Tons.
- 4 Large Tiger Prawns, Uncooked
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger or ginger powder
- 1 tsp diced green onion
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- 1 egg white
- In a small pan, I fry all of the ingredients on medium until cooked thoroughly.
- Then took the mixture and put it in a small food processor and diced small. You can also do this by hand with a knife if preferred.
- I arrange my working station, as shown below. I use an brush to put the egg white on the surface of the wrap.
- Then put a small amount of the cooked mixture in the middle. Fold in half, bringing the two ends together and pulling the front up tight and closed. It’s supposed to resemble a nurse’s hat. It’s important not to “stuff” too much in there, as they will explode later. Practice makes perfect.
Once you got your won tons ready, you can either fry them or make a soup with them. When I fry them, I use just a small amount of oil, on medium heat and flip often. I will follow this post with my Wor Won Ton Soup recipe.