Who doesn’t love some Cherry Heirloom Tomatoes? These colorful little sweet tomatoes are fun to cook with. I bought some of these beautiful little babies a couple weeks ago and was inspired to make a fresh sauce from scratch. I added:
- Pat of butter
- 1/2 a sweet or yellow onion
- a basket of cherry heirloom tomatoes, diced.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 small bunch basil, leaves washed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt / Pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Grated Parmigiano, for garnish
Add butter to pan and let melt. Add the garlic and onion and saute lightly. Cut the cherry tomatoes in 1/2 or 1/4 and add in. Then add olive oil, 1/2 of the basil, and red pepper flakes if using; Add salt and pepper.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt to the water and cook the pasta until al dente. Strain the pasta and add to the mixing bowl with the tomatoes. Add the remaining basil, some Parmigiano and toss.