Simple meals with simple ingredients. I find that the best way to lose weight and feel better is to make your own food using healthy ingredients. I’ve been making this dish for years, adapting it to the fresh vegetables I have on hand, so make it your own!
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil or 2 pats of butter
- 2 tbsp of diced garlic
- 1/4 – 1/2 Sweet Yellow Onion
- 1-2 cups of diced tomatoes (I used Roma)
- Italian Spices, Rosemary, Salt and Pepper
- 3-4 cups spinach, diced into smaller pieces
- 1 can of vegetable broth mixed with 1 can water or approximately 3-4 cups of water with a veg-bullion cube.
In one large sauce pan add the garlic and onion with a couple pats of butter or olive oil. Add tomatoes and let saute in butter with onions and garlic. Add Italian Spices, Rosemary, Salt and Pepper. Let cook a minute or two and add vegetable broth. Let boil and cook while you prepare the other items.
For the Chicken:
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- Ground Cumin, Italian Spices and Cayenne
Grill or pan fry chicken separately until golden and cooked til tender. This will be added to the sauce, but wants to be cooked and diced beforehand.
1 box or bag of pasta (I used rotini, anything works)
Boil pasta, I use rotini since it’s simple to eat with the sauce. Any pasta works though. Follow directions per individual pasta type.
Okay… now we are almost ready. Add Spinach to sauce and it will quickly cook up. This is why we add it last. Once that’s in and covered, add chicken and let simmer for a couple minutes. Once your sauce looks good, toss in the pasta and remove from heat.
Add Parmesan and Pepper Flakes if you like.🙂