Well this is just an assembly of some of my favorite recipes that I make.
1/4 cup Onion
1 tbsp garlic
2 tsp oil
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1 jalapenos or bell peppers or both, de-seeded and diced
1/4 can of tomato sauce
3 cups of cooked brown rice
Fry onion and garlic in a large pan, cook up a couple minutes and add tomatoes, jalapeno and bell pepper. Let cook up a bit and add in tomato sauce, once those are good, add in the brown rice and mix thoroughly. Cook for about 15 minutes, until it’s a little crispy and a little moist (not soupy). Add in cheese and allow to melt through. Remove rice from pan.
1 can of refried beans
1/4 stick or butter
Cotija Cheese grated on top
Pinch of: Ground Cumin, Cayenne, Salt and Pepper
Oh I just refry my beans in a little butter to loosen them up. Cook them through and add spices. Easy Peasy.
* Marinate flat steak in a little ground cumin, cayenne, garlic salt and pepper. Grill until done.
* Place de-seeded and cut fresh jalapenos in a pan or non-stick grill to cook them. Place aside.
* Slice chunks of Cotija Cheese (Queso para friar) in a greased pan or non-stickk grill and let cook. They will fry up and cook slowly. Remove before they melt completely.
Pico De Gallo
* 2 cups of diced tomatoes
* 1/2 white onion or 3 Green Onions, diced
* 2 limes, juiced
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 2 Teaspoons diced Garlic
* Cayenne Pepper
* Fresh Jalapenos
* Lemon Juice
* Tapatio Hot Sauce
Directions: Simply enough – Dice all items in small pieces. A food processor can be used for the cilantro, jalapeno and garlic. Mix all ingredients. Best if chilled and refrigerated for a few hours before eating so that the items mix well.