- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable or beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 large onions, chopped
- Place veggies in crock pot, cover with broth. In a bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper, cayenne and Italian and pour over meat.
- Stir to coat meat with flour, add meat to crock pot and fold into mix of veggies.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Stir stew thoroughly before serving.