While I love fried eggs with anything, I love them with rice. I make this cilantro rice. Can be made for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter or oil (optional)
- Bring the water to boil in a pot, I like to use a bigger pot to ensure that it doesn’t boil over. A 2-quart saucepan for one to two cups of uncooked rice is a good size.
- When the water has come to a boil, stir in the rice, salt, and butter (if using), and bring it back to a gentle simmer.
- Cover the pot and turn the heat down to low. Don’t take off the lid while the rice is cooking — this lets the steam out and affects the cooking time. Total 15-18 minutes.
- Add in Cilantro Sauce while stirring the fluffy rice.
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Cracked Salt
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until fully pureed. This will produce a very flavorful cilantro sauce. Store up to a week.