You can use lettuce to wrap just about anything. It’s low carb and makes for a nice healthy lunch or dinner. When I make shrimp, I like to use my roasted garlic olive oil. It’s pretty handy to make ahead and use for just about anything. 2 Servings of 3 lettuce cups
Roasted Garlic Shrimp Lettuce Cups
- Butter Lettuce Leaves – 6 total
- 8 uncooked medium shrimp
- 4-6 cloves of roasted garlic and 1-2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 diced roma tomato
- 3 tbsp of diced green onion
- In a small pan, put the garlic and the olive oil and heat on medium. Using a fork or spatula, I mash the garlic to make a roasted garlic paste.
- Add the shrimp and cook until done 5-7 minutes depending. Dice Shrimp into smaller pieces if necessary.
- Add Shrimp to Lettuce Cup, top with diced tomato and green onion and serve with your favorite hot sauce.
Roasted Garlic Olive Oil (Make in Advance)
- 4 heads of garlic with the heads cut off
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Large Piece of Aluminum foil
- Baking Pan or dish
- Put the Aluminum Foil in the baking pan. Sit Garlic up with the tops off and spread on the head pieces around them.
- Pour the olive oil on top of the garlic and bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until they pop out of the garlic easily. Let cool and remove the garlic from the skin and put in a jar of olive oil.