The fresh local Dungeness Crab and seafood is one of the best things about my hometown San Francisco. I look forward to Crab Season every year and like to celebrate with a nice crab dinner for friends and family.
- 1 Large Dungeness Crab (or 2 small crabs), legs and arms removed and cleaned.
- 2 cups of white wine or sake
- 1/2 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 4 tbsp of butter, chopped into small squares
- 2 tsp of diced garlic
- Old Bay Seasoning or pinch of Cayenne, Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put the crab, butter, garlic and onion in a large baking pan or pyrex casserole dish. Then pour the wine over the crab, then squeeze the lemon wedges over the crab and toss them in.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes depending on the amount of crab used. Occasionally adjust and flip the crab while in the oven, to maximize the flavor that goes into the crab.
- Cool and serve with some of the broth from the pan mixed with butter. The lemon garlic sauce is really good with the crab and a nice toasted sourdough loaf.